Photo taken of the Cookstown Town Hall in 1961, which remained largely unchanged since 1923. A new side entrance was added in 1972 to eliminate the need for stairs, and the interior was renovated in 1976 with the addition of hardwood floors and a furnace, as well as a cement floor poured in the basement. The upstairs space was used for town meetings and eventually South Simcoe Theatre productions. The building became the Theatre's permanent home in 1983. The photo shows one side of the rectangular building with vertical siding, Dutch gambrel roof, and two worn white doors.