Photo of the Cookstown Railway Station taken on 19 February 1967. The image shows the red sided, yellow trimmed building surrounded by snow with several people in winter coats standing in wait for a train. Two figures stand directly on the railroad tracks. A white grain elevator is visible in the background. Originally built sometime around 1877 when the Hamilton & North-Western Railway was built from Hamilton to Allandale. The building was later absorbed into a semi-detached residence located on Wellington Street. Two passenger trains passed through Cookstown twice daily six days a week: once at 10:20 a.m. northbound to Meaford via Allandale, and a southbound train stopping in Cookstown at 5:02 p.m. Freight trains stopped once daily for grain or coal. The station closed in April 1967 as rail service declined in popularity.