Photo of the Bell Telephone exchange office. This white frame building was built by the Bell Telephone Company on the west side of Dufferin St. in 1959. The complex exchange equipment had to be tailored to fit Cookstown’s specific needs. The dial changeover in Cookstown took place on Sunday morning July 17, 1960. This property was purchased from Mr. George Caldwell, a druggist in Barrie.