Historic plaque located on Yonge Street, near Line 3. The plaque bears the logos of the Town of Innisfil and the County of Simcoe, as well as an image of a school house with a number of people posing for a photo outside. The sign reads: "The village of Cherry Creek was settled between the 2nd and 3rd Line of Innisfil in 1832. Mr. Main, the village's first post master, suggested the name "Cherry Creek" upon finding a cherry tree growing beside the creek located near here. The first church in Innisfil was established here in 1832 by Dalhousie settlers, and Innisfil's first store was opened in 1835. The village thrived with a shoemaker, a carpenter, a cabinet maker, a blacksmith and a tailor. A hotel, serving the busy Penetanguishene Road (later Yonge Street), was opened in 1843. Two churches (Presbyterian and Methodist) were established in 1844 and 1852 to serve the spiritual needs of the area families. The first log school (S.S. #3) was built in 1847 and was one of the earliest schools established in Innisfil. It was replaced in 1860 by a frame building with the present brick schoolhouse constructed in 1876." This photo was taken by Alan Budd.