Photo taken across the road of the residence of Mr. and Mrs. William Paterson, known locally as the former "old doctors' home" for 60 years (1860-1926). It is a white house mostly blocked by trees in the front and a short driveway. Previous owners included Ernest Aver and Newton Spence. This photo's view looks towards the northeast. The home was eventually demolished for highway widening in the 1970s.