Photo taken of the so-called "Serpent mounds" located on the 13th line of Innisfil, looking north from Concession 13, Lot 23. An entry in Bill Metcalfe's diary stored at the Simcoe County Archives provides further details about the discovery and investigation of this site. According to Harry Armstrong, the owner of a nearby farm, someone from the University of Toronto dug a trench across the mound. Harry Mayor worked on the project, and also uncovered an indigenous burial site near 25th Sideroad on the Smith half of Lot 25. The photo shows a split rail fence in a zig zag pattern with a serpentine shaped hill or mound dotted with tree stumps visible just behind the fence. The property on which the mounds are situated belonged to Archie McLean from 1858, who sold it to Stephan Howard in 1868. Howard lost the property on default mortgage when it was picked up by Willaim Metcalfe in 1876. Metcalfe sold to James and Agnes Carnochan in 1892, who also defaulted. In 1906 the Toronto Trust Company sold the property to John Irwin, who in turn sold in 1916 to Thomas Clark and Fanny Clark (née Christie), the daughter of William Mellis Christie who owned the Christie cookie company in Toronto. The Clarks remained in possession until 1978 when they sold to Dalkab Limited.