Photo of Walter Corner's house located at the end of Church Street in Lefroy, which burned down c. 1956. Originally known as "the Pines," it was built by "Squire" Henry Gross, according to D.M. Lemmon. The property was originally 1040 acres and the house had fifteen rooms as well as a brick furnace for central heating. It also had a maid's section and sometimes served as a courthouse. There was a sawmill on the property, just downhill from the house. Walter Corner owned the house and 200 acres from 1920. The house was white with a cross gable roof and decorative gable trim. The names of the family members or friends standing near the verandah are unknown.