Home of John Worth Campbell (left), a poet. Also pictured is Ben Lebar. John Worth Campbell, an Englishman, came to Bell Ewart around 1900 as an old soldier and remittance man, and bought a lot on the west side of Frederick Street from Adolphus Trombley, about 300 yards from lake. He built a small cabin and lived with a companion Ben Lebar, who had a wooden leg. Campbell painted his poetry on large stones around his cabin. The cabin caught fire and burned down in 1917.