Image of a stone house built in 1860. The house was built in two sections on the site of an early log house. Two pioneer families owned this farm, the Averills and the Kells. The house was originally owned by Thomas Averill and his family, until it was left vacant for many years. It was later owned by William M. Kell and son Stephen. The original flooring was dirt but was replaced with stonework, by hand, many years later.