Rosemary Campbell (née Fagents) came to Innisfil in July 1944 as an 11-year old, and though it was different from the city she came to love the area. She originally arrived on Concession 8 (now known as Innisfil Beach Road), which only had about five farms between the 20th and 25th sideroads - owned by the Dietrichs, the Webbs, the Andrades, the Lambs, and the Flagels. From the 25th sideroad down to the lake were all cottages. The area had one small general store called Vic`s Market, just west of the 20th sideroad. Once or twice a week she and her family traveled to Barrie for provisions since offerings at Vic`s and in Stroud were limited. She recalls that there were few cars in the area at the time and many people still traveled by horse and buggy or horse and cutter. There were no churches nearby so gatherings were held in family homes. The Andrade farm was located on a lane now known as Adullum. Roads were all unpaved until 1955. She attended Nantyr Public School located at the 20th sideroad and concession 7, which was approximately a three mile walk. After she left for high school, a new school was built in 1955 across from Lakelands Community Hall. She also recalls William Lamb who used to cut ice at the bottom of the 8th Line and his company was called Lake Simcoe Ice. Rosemary`s brother George Fagents helped deliver ice to cottagers in the area. Her family home was a small cottage that needed insulation upon their arrival and had no indoor bathroom but did have a small pump in the kitchen sink. The house was demolished two years. She also recalls that she had a dog called Pup who had a harness and sled, and Pup would come to meet her in the winter on her walk home from school. She left at age 16 to go to school in Toronto and would notice many changes on visits home even in the 1950s. Rosemary concludes that she is thankful to have spent time growing up in Innisfil and despite the many changes, she will always have her memories.