Bradford West Gwillimbury



Pages

$75,000 For New Library
The fundraising for a new building for the Bradford Public Library reaching the $75,000 mark.
11 and 88 Super Convenience
11 and 88 Super Convenience on the north west corner of Holland and Barrie Streets in Bradford.
151 Church St.
"The Gummerson House". Built about 1880. Please contact the library (905-775-3328) if you have any more information on this photo.
17Th Child
York County Hospital established a record Monday when a Bradford area woman Mrs. Rosella Bell gave birth to her 17th child - a 10lb., one ounce girl. Mrs. Bell has had more children than any other mother at the hospital - and it's her last, she says. Her husband Roy works at Greenacres Home for the Aged. The couple already has 11 girls and five boys ranging in age from three years to 21.
1837 Rebellion Musket
Walter Marshall with a musket used in the 1837 Rebellion.
1916 Christmas Card
Scan of the front cover and inside greeting from a 1916-1917 Christmas card. The front of the card reads "Quansum Ilep 1916-1917" and the inner message reads: "Hearty Greetings and Best Wishes for Christmas and the New Year. From Norman. 2nd Canadian Mounted Rifles in the Field."
1989 Summer Reading Club
Members of the 1989 Summer Reading Club at the Bradford Public Library posing with their paper-maiche dinosaur. Dinosaur was named "Bruno Bronty" by Jill Foley. In no particular order: Kristin, Kendra, Erin, Teresa Park, Nicole V., Jane Mazeda, Kevin, Megan, Jill Foley, Annabella DaSilva, Lisa Dudo, Rebecca Nieboer, Jason Weening, and librarian Anita Sikma.
1St Prize Calf
Mervyn Jessop with 1st prize calf at the Beeton Fair.
21 Holland St. W.
This is now the Evans Law Offices. Please contact the library (905-775-3328) if you have any more information on this photo.
27 John St. West
Please contact the library (905-775-3328) if you have any additional information about the contents of this photo.
37 Holland Street East, Bradford
The traffic ticket office and Bradford Glass and Mirror located on the north side of Holland Street East at number 37.
37-39 Holland Street East, Bradford
Traffic Services and Bradford Glass and Mirror located at 37 and 39 Holland Street East in Bradford.
4 Corners In Bradford
Looking north west in Bradford at the intersection of Holland Street and Yonge Street.
4-H Club
Bradford Women's Institute sponsored Bradford 4-H club during the fall of 1976, the topic being The Club Girl Entertains. Picture taken at achievement day held in Cookstown school. Mrs. Jim (Irene) Swan and Mrs. Wm. (Sue) Klop, leaders. Front Row: Donnalea Lloyd, Lynda Slingerland, Mrs. Swan, Mrs. Klop, Susan Robertson, Lynda McVety, Cathy Lewis, Judy McArthur, Ellen Masin.
40 Holland Street East, Bradford
Looking south at number 40 Holland Street East in Bradford.
45 Holland Street East, Bradford
Police Services located at 45 Holland Street East.
45 Holland Street East, Bradford
The old Police Services building located at 45 Holland Street East.
45-39 Holland Street East, Bradford
The old police station here at number 45 Holland Street East.
50Th Anniversary Announcement Of Mr. And Mrs. Gerrit Rol
Newspaper announcement for the fiftieth wedding anniversary of Mr. and Mrs. Rol. The text of the article read: "Two former residents of Bradford who helped develop the Holland Marsh years ago will celebrate their 50th anniversary next Sunday. Mr. and Mrs. Gerrit Rol operated the Bradford Greenhouses for years and they now live in Newmarket. Friends are invited to call on Sunday at their daughter's home." This photo originally appeared in the Bradford Witness but was found in the Bradford Women's Institute Scrapbooks. It depicts individual portraits of both Mr. and Mrs. Rol - Mr. Rol in a suit and Mrs. Rol in cat eye glasses.
57 -61 Holland Street, Bradford
The Bradford Courthouse and old town hall building which now houses the town financial offices.
57 Holland Street East, Bradford
The Bradford Court House located at 57 Holland Street East.
57-61 Holland Street East, Bradford
The Bradford Courthouse and old town hall building which now houses the town financial department offices with the Millennium Clock Tower Monument in front.
60Th Anniversary Of The Womens Insitute
Mrs. Harold Watson (Ada), President, Bradford Branch and Mrs. A.W. Spence (Mary), Life member of Bradford Branch at the 60th anniversary of the Women's Institute. This photo is from the Bradford Womens Institute Scrapbooks.
61 Holland Street, Bradford
Rear view of the old town hall located at 61 Holland Street East. This building now house the financial department offices.
61 Holland Street, Bradford
Front door of the old town hall building which now houses the offices of the town financial department.
72-74 And 66 Holland Street East, Bradford
Looking south-east on Holland Street East at numbers 72-74 and 66.
72-74 Holland Street East, Bradford
Looking south-east at numbers 72-74 on Holland Street East.
72-74 Holland Street East, Bradford
Semi-detached homes at 72-74 Holland Street East in Bradford.
7Th Line
Looking west down the 7th line in Bond Head.

Pages