Black and white photo of Crawford Public School in the late 1950s. The school was built in 1953 and officially opened on 8 November 1954 as a result of a growing community need. Prior to the school's construction, children from the Tiffin Street area were required to take a Camp Borden bus to Copaco Corner (later the intersection of Innisfil and Tiffin Streets) and then travel by taxi to Holly School. Mr. William Crawford, grandfather of one of these students, donated land on Patterson Road on the condition that a school be built there. A second room was added in 1955, and a third room added in 1958. The first teacher was Mrs. Audrey Halfyard. The school was eventually closed and the building was used by the Simcoe County School Board as its South Regional Office. This photo shows the exterior of the building from the front left, with two 50s style cars parked in front of it.