Photo of the side and rear of the Cookstown Railway Station in 1961. A ladder truck is parked beside the building, which features vertical siding and an open gable roof. Originally built sometime around 1877 when the Hamilton & North-Western Railway was built from Hamilton to Allandale. The building was later absorbed into a semi-detached residence located on Wellington Street. Two passenger trains passed through Cookstown twice daily six days a week: once at 10:20 a.m. northbound to Meaford via Allandale, and a southbound train stopping in Cookstown at 5:02 p.m. Freight trains stopped once daily for grain or coal. The station closed in April 1967 as rail service declined in popularity.