Photo taken during the official unveiling of the Emily May model. Pictured in the photo are Bill Hester, historical researcher, and Don Houghton, model creator, standing beside the completed model of the steamship Emily May. The glass encased model now has a permanent home in the Innisfil Town Hall. Built in 1861 in Belle Ewart by Issac May and named for his daughter, the Emily May had a 21 year career in both passenger and freight business. As the railroad became a more prominent means of transportation the ship was renamed Lady of the Lake and became purely a pleasure craft, ferrying tourists and revelers around our beautiful Lake Simcoe. The Emily May was abandoned in 1883 off the coast of Belle Ewart. Eventually it was burned and the remains are still in Lake Simcoe. The Innisfil Historical Society celebrated the unveiling of a scale model of the amazing ship in its new home at Innisfil Town Hall. The model was built by Don Houghton over a period of 12 years and representing 3500 hours of labour.