Studio portrait of William T. Miners and his wife Dinah (née Webb), residents of Cookstown. They married on 19 September 1874. Mr. Miners owned and operated a successful blacksmith shop from 1895 to 1909 located at 3 King Street after having been an assistant to the original owner, Henry Jones Dunning. William's nephew, Thomas Webb, took over the business until 1952 as the Miners had no children. William Miners died in 1913 and Dinah in 1932. Dinah was originally from Probus, Cornwall, England and arrived in Canada as a young woman. In the photo Mr. Miners is wearing a long dark coat and sports a moustache while Mrs. Miners is wearing a long black dress with long sleeves, made of a material with a satin-like sheen. A long chain around her neck attaches to the dress at the waist and her hair is pinned upwards. The couple is posed in front of an elaborately detailed chair and settee and standing on an animal skin run.