The Emily May was a Lake Simcoe excursion steamer whose hull lies off of Belle Ewart Park today. The photo shows a long white steamboat with one stack and the name EMILY MAY painted on the side, with a number of passengers standing on its deck. It was the largest and most serviceable paddle steamer on Lake Simcoe, known as a side-wheeler. The boat could carry 800 passengers and had a speed of 14 miles per hour. It was built in Belle Ewart by Isaac May in 1861 and was in service for 21 years doing both passenger and freight business, and made regular trips from Orillia, Barrie, and Holland Landing in addition to numerous excursion voyages.