Looking Back Over The Century Looking over records, the population and business conducted in this area a century ago is rather amazing. The following is a recorded statement regarding Bond Head, just about 100 years ago, together with the names of some of the residents and with their occupations and a few of the advertisements from the village. BOND HEAD- A village on the town line between Tecumseth and West Gwillimbury, 22 miles from Barrie, 6 from Bradford, and 42 from Toronto. The surrounding country is unsurpassed in the Province for its fertility. The village was first settled in 1830, and the Post Office was established in 1838. There are Episcopal, Presbyterian and Methodist Churches in the village. Population about 400. Residents a century ago: Batters, R., farmer; Brazill, Mrs. W., prop. Brazill House; Brazill, Frank, and Joseph B., managers Brazill House; Carswell J., farmer; Carswell, T., farmer; Carter, A.H., general merchant; Carter, Henry, chemist and druggist; Carter, W., farmer; Coleman, Rev. F., Wesleyan; Culbert, J., butcher; Cummings, Miss L.E., teacher; Davidson, Rev. John, Church of England; Devlin, John, saddle and harness maker; Doan, Ira, farmer; Doan, Misses, dressmakers; Fenton, Walter R., agent and builder; Fraser, Rev. Wm., Presbyterian; Gaviller, Alex., J.P., farmer; Gilkinson, W., carpenter; Gourlay, J., weaver; Gumberson, R., farmer; Harner, D.; Harrington, T., plasterer; Jamison, W.R., boot and shoe maker; Kline, Anthony, agricultural implements; Law, W.C., M.D.; Lount, Hiram, P.M., agent Can. Per. Bldg. and Savings' Society; Lount & Johnston, gen. merchants; Lytle, John, blacksmith; McCarthy, W.; McClusky, Patrick, labourer; McCracken, Hugh, blacksmith; McGeary, James, wagon maker; McNaughton, George, tailor; Mann, R.S., agent; Manning, Samuel, hotel keeper; Millard, T., mail carried; Nelson, Wm. & Thomas, founders and machinists, carriage makers; Ogilvy, Wm., tailor; Paul, W.; Phillips, Wm., tarmer; Richardson, Austin, carriage and wagon maker; Robinson, George, shoemaker; Rose, A.B., M.D.; Rose, Ezekiel, M.D.; Rose, S., farmer, Rose, W., farmer; Shields, R., plasterer; St. Clair, James and William, merchants; Smith, J., farmer; Sprole, R. & Son, millers; Stevenson, Richard, harness maker; Sutton, John, painter; Sutton, John, painter; Symes, Mrs. J., music teacher; Vaughan, James, carriage maker; Wallace, W., hotel keeper; Watson, Mrs. George; Watson, Moses, blacksmith; West, Alfred, M.D.; Wilson, John, veterinary surgeon; Wilson, J., shoemaker, Willoughby, Henry, farmer. Advertisements Brazill House, Mrs. M. Brazill, proprietress, best brand liquors and cigars, excellent stabling and attentive hostlers, Frank Brazill and Joesph Brazill, managers. A.B. Rose, M.D., physician, surgeon and accoucheur; hot and cold baths. Austen Richardson, Bond Head, manufacturer of wagons, sleighs, collars, etc. Alfred A. West, M.D., Bond Head, physician, surgeon and accoucheur. John Devlin, saddle and harness maker.