Photo of Gavin C. Allan, Innisfil Township Clerk from 1937 to 1954, standing in front of the Township office in 1937. The office was located in the James old Sloan building, a historical landmark likely built in the 1820s. The building was owned by the Sloan family for one hundred years, but was demolished by Gregg Davis in 1947. Mr. Allan was an Innisfil Councillor from 1913 to 1922, Deputy Reeve in 1923, and Reeve from 1926 to 28. He was greatly interested in the inauguration of Innisfil Park (now known today as Innisfil Beach Park) in 1922 and the reforestation demonstration plot on High 11 at Concession 7. He also operated a chopping mill and creamery in Churchill for a short time and farmed Burnside farm on Lot 15, Concession 5 for three years. He moved to Lefroy in 1916 and worked as a cement contractor for 10 years, and later as a grain merchant and elevator operator in Lefroy for 9 years. The photo shows him standing in the door way of the building, which features muntins across the large glass window panes surrounding the door.