Photograph taken in 1887 of the blacksmith shop owned by Henry Jones Dunning. This building was built in 1887 or 1888 and located on 3 King Street, but was demolished in 1895 and replaced with a large brick home by William T. Miners and his wife Dinah after William had acquired the business from Mr. Dunning. Mr. Miners continued the blacksmith business until 1909, which his nephew Thomas Webb took over until 1952. This photo is a good example of a typical smithy in the late nineteenth century. The building itself is rectangular in shape and features a number of chimneys on its open gable roof, Dutch lap siding, several windows, and large double doors. The photo features a number of unnamed men, women, and children standing in front of the building, including four blacksmiths in long leather aprons holding various implements. The other men are wearing suits and hats and the women and young girl are dressed in long skirts and long sleeved blouses. A horse-drawn buggy is parked in front of the building to the right, and a black dog is laying down in the foreground.